Before I started my masters degree work I made experiments with screen print as a base for transfer print on cotton. My initial idea was to use screen printed pigment on a cotton fabric as a surface that the sublimation print could adhere to, as that technique otherwise only works on synthetic fabrics.
It worked very well to use the the screen printed surface as a synthetic base for the transfer print so I made a huge textile to explore the technique.
The finished textile shown to the left is just under 300 x 300 centimetres. To achieve that size I had to separate my work into two halves, using two panels of fabric that was 150 x 300 centimetres each and at the end sew the two fabric panels together.